Re: N-Triples

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:02:12 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
CC: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
>>>Brian McBride said:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I'm a wee bit concerned about the line based basis of n-triples.  It gets
> pretty unreadable if one has to put three long uri's on a single line.

I believe N-Triples is a line-based format, to allow ease of
processing with existing tools (e.g. awk, sed, perl, ...).

Just having long lines with URIs is a reason, but I don't think a
very good one since it is meant to be processed by machines.  We can
always make shorter URIs in the examples.

> Does the definition of n-triples ( how do we spell that?) allow the
> representation of:
>
>   <rdf:Description rdf:parseType="Literal">
>     <foo>
>
>     </foo>
>   </rdf:Description>

Depends on the "what is an RDF literal" question.  When we address
that, and if we make changes, we can amend or extend N-Triples.

Re naming: I'm sticking with N-Triples since it stands out better
than n-triples, ntriples, n3-triples, n-triple etc.

Dave