Re: New XPath Filter Transform

Hi John,

I read the context part, and I think it is correct; I just misunderstood
the application of the resulting subtrees. I think that include should
be specified as set intersection, as exclude is set subtraction. Set
replacement would, I think, be non-intuitive and, in my opinion, bad.
We can get set replacement behaviour using set intersection and an input
nodeset from URI #xpointer(/).

It would seem that the current exclude behaviour honours preceding URIs
and transforms, whereas the current include behaviour ignores them. I
don't like the dichotomy.

Merlin

r/JBoyer@pureedge.com/2002.03.08/09:12:17