RE: New XPath Filter Transform

From: John Boyer <JBoyer@PureEdge.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:12:17 -0800
To: "merlin" <merlin@baltimore.ie>, <reagle@w3.org>
Cc: "TAMURA Kent" <kent@trl.ibm.co.jp>, <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Hi Merlin and Kent,

Merlin's response actually doesn't match the spec as currently written.

The result can have any nodes from the input document, and yes, Kent, the input is immaterial except for giving us a way to obtain a document root node.

Please see the first paragraph of Section 3.3 "Input and Evaluation Context of Signature Filter Transform":

"...The XPath evaluation context for the node-set will be:

A context node equal to the root node of the document whose node-set was provided as input to this transform..."

Thanks,
John Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect
PureEdge Solutions Inc.