Re: question about XPath filter2

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 21:15, Aleksey Sanin wrote:
> In the section 3.4 we compute the S' as follows:
>
>     * Compute the set S' consisting of all nodes in the input document
>       that are either present in S or that have an ancestor in S. This is
>       equal to the union of all the document subtrees rooted by a node in
> S.
>
> Does this mean that
>     1) if the node N is in the nodes set S then S' contains all
> attributes for node N? (expected answer: "yes")

I'd say yes, as the attributes "parent" element node is in S [1].

>     2) if the node N is in the nodes set S then S' contains all
> namespaces defined in the node N? (expected answer: "yes")

Yes again [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116#attribute-nodes
 " the element is the parent of each of these attribute nodes; however, an
attribute node is not a child of its parent element."
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116#namespace-nodes
"The element is the parent of each of these namespace nodes; however, a
namespace node is not a child of its parent element."