RE: Suggested additions to 3.0 Processing Rules section

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:07:37 +0200
To: "Donald Eastlake" <lde008@dma.isg.mot.com>, <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
Cc: "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
<Donald>
  Note the following:
  [...]
  Different implementations may produce different SignatureValue elements
even when signing the
  same data with the same key and signature algorithm. That is because they
may encode the
  relevant DigestValue in the Reference to the data with different white
space or the like.
</Donald>

This sentence reminds me on the (still unsolved) problem that I have
described in [1].
What is the status of this issue?

---
[1]