Re: Suggested additions to 3.0 Processing Rules section

From: merlin <merlin@baltimore.ie>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:11:27 +0100
To: "Gregor Karlinger" <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "Donald Eastlake" <lde008@dma.isg.mot.com>, w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>

Hi Gregor,

r/gregor.karlinger@iaik.at/2001.07.12/09:07:37
>This sentence reminds me on the (still unsolved) problem that I have
>described in [1].
>What is the status of this issue?
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001AprJun/0262.html

I think that this may be part of a bigger issue raised later
in [2]. I agree with you that it is probably smart for us to
derive from string.

It is not clear to me whether a schema-validated document is
required to expose both the initial value (i.e., post-DTD)
and the schema-normalized value, or whether it can expose just
the schema-normalized value. But schema validation may
introduce a set of normalization problems with signed docs.

Merlin

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2001AprJun/0361.html

In addition, certain Marketing collateral may be added from time to time to
promote Baltimore Technologies products, services, Global e-Security or
appearance at trade shows and conferences.

computer viruses.
   http://www.baltimore.com