Re: Suggested additions to 3.0 Processing Rules section

Dear Donald,

--On Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2001 11:28 -0400 Donald Eastlake
<lde008@dma.isg.mot.com> wrote:

> Regardless of how things come out with what we recommend
> for base64, I suggest the addition of some material in
> 3.2 Core Validation as show in the attachment.

To 3.2.2 the last point of the notes was:

<cite>
Different implementations may produce different [...]. That is because they
may encode the relevant DigestValue in the Reference to the data with
different white space or the like.
</cite>

I think the produce different SignatureValues because the signature
algorithm uses some random value  (time varian parameter) during signature
generation which is used to protect against some attacks. This is the
reason why you can supply some SecureRandom (in JAVA) to a Signature
generation. ...

I would add "That is because ... white space or because of algorithm
behaviour."

Christian

Institute for Data Communications Systems             University of Siegen
Hoelderlinstrasse 3                 D-57068 Siegen                 Germany

mail:  mailto:geuer-pollmann@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de
web:  <http://www.nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de/~geuer-pollmann/>