XENC use of ds:KeyInfo

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:02:42 -0500
To: "XML Encryption WG " <xml-encryption@w3.org>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
I've posted a small analysis [1] of the options we have with respect to
reusing ds:KeyInfo. In the end, the XML Encryption WG could go the easy
route and opt for option 1/2. However, I personally think this is slightly
unfortunate and I think the dsig spec/schema should permit extensions as
shown in option 3, but I'm not quite sure how to do it given dsig's use of
ANY.

All thoughts are welcome.

http://www.w3.org/Encryption/2001/03/sigenc/

__