RE: [ANN] W3C SOAP Digital Signature

 Hello. 8-)

 I cc'd the xmldsig mailing list so that the XML-Sig folks can also
respond to my first concern (the following paragraph, more in the
first cited message below).

 I understand now why you chose to do the SOAP digsig the way you did
it. Hopefully the final Recommendation of XML-Sig allows adding
arbitrary namespace-qualified attributes at least to the root elements
of the xml digital signatures. This would solve one of my concerns
with SOAP digsig.

 I disagree that you might want to add any unrelated information under
SOAP-SEC:Signature, I think if such information is necessary the
Signature element should be wrapped by an element like foo:routing or
foo:processOrder where routing or processing order can be specified. I
don't like even possible overloading SOAP-SEC:Signature with such
unrelated information.

 I also disagree with your trying to separate SOAP-ENV:id and
SOAP-SEC:id value spaces in application level, since every XML
compliant parser would complain on conflicts anyway.

 Either the type ID shouldn't be used or there is no need for
SOAP-SEC:id.

 Best regards
                            Jacek Kopecky
                               Idoox