SignaturePropert(y|ies) type identifier

From: Gregor Karlinger <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 12:37:13 +0200
To: "XML" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, "Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org>
Hi all,

in our draft we have introduced the Reference's Type
attribute to allow the signer to give a hint that the
data referenced is of a special kind, such as
Manifest, Object, SignatureProperty.

In section 5.2 "The SignatureProperties Element" we
define the type identifier for signature properties:

  Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/xmldsig#SignatureProperty

My question now is: What is the actual data this type
identifier qualifies? Is it the enveloping <SignatureProperties>
Element, or is it a single <SignatureProperty> child Element,
as the name of the type identifier suggests?

Thanks, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
http://www.iaik.at