Re: SignaturePropert(y|ies) type identifier

At 12:37 2000-05-22 +0200, Gregor Karlinger wrote:
 >In section 5.2 "The SignatureProperties Element" we
 >define the type identifier for signature properties:
 >
 >  Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/xmldsig#SignatureProperty
 >
 >My question now is: What is the actual data this type
 >identifier qualifies? Is it the enveloping <SignatureProperties>
 >Element, or is it a single <SignatureProperty> child Element,
 >as the name of the type identifier suggests?

I don't think I can speak very well to the functionality or requirements of
this feature, but I believe the spec says the actual data referenced is the
thing pointed to by a Reference. Kind of awkward I agree... good ideas are
welcome!

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmldsig-core-20000510/#sec-Reference
    4.3.3 The Reference Element

   The optional Type attribute contains information about the type of
   object being signed. This is represented as a URI. For example:

   Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/xmldsig#Object"
   Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/xmldsig#Manifest"
   Type="http://www.w3.org/2000/02/xmldsig#SignatureProperty"

   The Type attribute applies to the item being pointed at, not its
   contents. For example, a reference that identifies an Object element
   containing a SignatureProperties element is still of type #Object. The
   type attribute is advisory. No validation of the type information is
   required by this specification.