RE: SignaturePropert(y|ies) type identifier

From: Joseph M. Reagle Jr. <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 17:33:32 -0400
To: <gregor.karlinger@iaik.at>
Cc: "IETF/W3C XML-DSig WG" <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>
The other approach is to place an ID attribute in SignatureProperty, which
seems like a better idea. So the identifier is the same, and
SignatureProperty now has an ID. The grammar for SignatureProperty and
SignatureProperties permits multiple instances of both, and that begs the
question of what the semantic meaning is. Now, the grammar doesn't
explicitly say this, it just states that you can place arbitrary content in
an Object, and consequently you can repeat SignatureProperties if you so
decided. But there's also the questin of where the Target attribute properly
sits. Options:

A. Remove all Targets; the SignatureProperty can only apply to the Signature
it is within. (What if nested?)
B. One and only one SignatureProperties per Signature, which includes a
Target attribute that defines to which Signature the SignatureProperty(s)
apply. (Remove Target from SignatureProperty(s)).
C. Other?

I advocate B.