Re: Do server store arbitrary content

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:34:16 -0800
Cc: WebDav <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Perhaps we should set a precedent for content-limited servers not to
advertise themselves as being fully functional WebDAV servers.   That
would go for those CalDAV servers that can't handle non-event data in
calendars too, at least that restriction could be advertised on those
types of collections.  There are probably a couple other restrictions I
would consider major hurdles for clients expecting to "do their WebDAV
thing" -- possibly some of the weak or no ETag cases or wierd
creationdate cases we've discussed before.

Lisa