Re: OT but nice productivity hack: Yubnub to find RFCs, I-Ds and WGs

From: DigitallySmooth <digitallysmooth@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:35:56 -0800
To: "IMAP Extensions WG" <ietf-imapext@imc.org>, "IETF-iCalendar" <ietf-calsify@osafoundation.org>, "WG Chairs" <wgchairs@ietf.org>, "WebDAV WG" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>, "Lisa Dusseault" <lisa@osafoundation.org>
how do I get off this list?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lisa Dusseault
  To: IMAP Extensions WG ; IETF-iCalendar ; WG Chairs ; WebDAV WG
  Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 2:10 PM
  Subject: OT but nice productivity hack: Yubnub to find RFCs, I-Ds and WGs

  A co-worker (Jared Rhine) pointed me to Yubnub.org a while back. I have grown addicted to it as a Internet command-line to jump straight to what I want. E.g. I use a command like "thes addicted" to quickly find thesaurus matches: absorbed, accustomed, attached... :)

  There was one IETF-related yubnub command already and I added two more very simple ones.

  To jump to an RFC: rfc xxxx
  e.g. 'rfc 2822' (don't forget space)

  Internet-Draft Database Search: (shows list with filename substring match): ids keyword
  e.g. 'ids dusseault' to find draft-dusseault-caldav-08, but not draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis because 'dusseault' isn't in the title of that one

  To jump to a WG charter: wg wgname
  e.g. 'wg imapext'

  Not only do I get to avoid the thesaurus.com web form to find thesaurus matches, I also avoid the Yubnub Web form because I've set up Firefox so that I can type a Yubnub command line right into the address bar. Other possibilities include using the search engine field or a console app <http://www.yubnub.org/documentation/describe_installation>.

  Fun, fun. Hope it's useful to you too. Let me know if you create other IETF-related command lines. I'll blog about it or something so as not to spam people again.

  Lisa