OT but nice productivity hack: Yubnub to find RFCs, I-Ds and WGs

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@osafoundation.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:10:17 -0800
To: IMAP Extensions WG <ietf-imapext@imc.org>, IETF-iCalendar <ietf-calsify@osafoundation.org>, WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>, WebDAV WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

A co-worker (Jared Rhine) pointed me to Yubnub.org a while back.  I
have grown addicted to it as a Internet command-line to jump straight
to what I want.  E.g. I use a command like "thes addicted" to quickly
find thesaurus matches: absorbed, accustomed, attached... :)

There was one IETF-related yubnub command already and I added two more
very simple ones.

To jump to an RFC: rfc xxxx
	e.g. 'rfc 2822'  (don't forget space)

Internet-Draft Database Search: (shows list with filename substring
match): ids keyword
	e.g. 'ids dusseault' to find draft-dusseault-caldav-08, but not
draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis because 'dusseault' isn't in the title of
that one

To jump to a WG charter: wg wgname
	e.g. 'wg imapext'

Not only do I get to avoid the thesaurus.com web form to find thesaurus
matches, I also avoid the Yubnub Web form because I've set up Firefox
so that I can type a Yubnub command line right into the address bar.
Other possibilities include using the search engine field or a console
app <http://www.yubnub.org/documentation/describe_installation>.

Fun, fun.  Hope it's useful to you too.  Let me know if you create
other IETF-related command lines.  I'll blog about it or something so
as not to spam people again.

Lisa