Re: RFC2518bis - tracking the things we agree on...

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> I can't edit issues.htm.  I can move it to http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav
> and edit it from there, which I think I would prefer.  That is, if

Whatever works for you (you probably could get a password from Greg
Stein for that part of www.webdav.org; my one doesn't work either).

> people want the main editor to be the same person to track issues.  I
> find it to be useful to have the person who tracks issues not to be the
> person who proposes to close them -- the same principle behind which in
> many development teams, the developer who resolves the bug "fixed" is
> not allowed to resolve the bug "verified".

Agreed.

> Note that I've tracked a bunch of issues separately in a Word document.
>  This is a big document because it tracks not only every change made to
> RFC2518 but also why -- it was intended to link issues together with
> what changes were made in an attempt to resolve the issue.
> http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav/rfc2518bis/RFC2518%20Changes.doc
>
> If people are OK with me tracking issues, then I propose to move the
> issues table to the same location and edit it myself.

i) Any volunteers for the issue tracking besides Lisa?

ii) Format: whatever works. I personally prefer formats that I can link
to (so each issue has a stable URI), such as BugZilla URLs or anchors in
(X)HTML documents.

Best regards, Julian