Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-bind-07.txt

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Here are some of the issues I've posted before:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004AprJun/0016.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004AprJun/0014.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JanMar/0154.html,
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JanMar/0146.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JanMar/0149.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2004JanMar/0140.html
>
> I know that you've answered these emails before, but that doesn't mean I
> consider the issues resolved.  Joe's going to take care of resolving
> them since I wouldn't declare consensus on issues I raised unless it
> were overwhelmingly clear.  I don't particularly want to discuss these
> now because we don't have the issue tracking DB up yet.

Thanks for putting those on the table; this allows us to at least
proceed. I'll comment on them separately.

I'm not sure why you don't want to discuss those though. IETF working
groups by definition do their work on their respective mailing lists;
whether or not a supporting bug tracking system (which will have to send
change notifications to the mailing list anyway) is in place should not
be relevant (although this probably will be helpful).

BTW: issues do not get resolved by a specific person (not even one of
the chairs), but by discussing them in the working group (== on the
mailing list) until rough consensus is detected (and yes, the WG chair
should try to decide when this consensus is reached).

Best regards, Julian