Re: Request for feedback: WebDAV property datatype draft

Lisa Dusseault wrote:

> Bernard & I came up with more questions yesterday:
>
> Can there be untyped arrays?  How would I show an array of XML elements?

1) Yes. You can have whatever datatypes you want.

2) It's up to you to define a type for that (so far, we haven't needed
that).

> E.g.  would this be valid?
>   <supportedliveproperties xsi:type="soap-enc:Array">
>     <supportedliveproperty><getetag/></supportedliveproperty>
>     <supportedliveproperty><resourcetype/></supportedliveproperty>
>   </supportedliveproperties>

As far as I can tell, it would be legal according to
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-SOAP-20000508/#_Toc478383522>.

> Are arrays assumed to be ordered or unordered?  Would it be legal for a
> server to reorder array values when returning them?

"The representation of the value of an array is an ordered sequence of
elements constituting the items of the array."

Best regards, Julian