Re: bind draft issues

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 06:27  AM, Clemm, Geoff wrote:

>    From: Brian Korver [mailto:briank@xythos.com]
>
>    URL Properties
>
>    The behavior of other URL properties (in addition to
>    locks) should be fully specified, for instance the
>    display-name property.
>
> I'm not aware of the binding protocol causing any change
> to the behavior of the properties defined by 2518.  Also
> note that a resource has properties, not a URL.

Geoff,

URLs have properties to.  Think about how DAV:lockdiscovery
works in the face of COPY/MOVE, or DAV:displayname for that
matter.

Regarding this issue, I was not suggesting that the problem
is that the binding protocol changed the behavior of properties,
just that the behavior needs to be fully specified.  Do
you feel that 2518 does fully specify the behavior of
URL properties?

-brian
briank@xythos.com