RE: GULP (version 4)

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:50:15 -0400
To: "'Webdav WG'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
   From: Stefan Eissing [mailto:stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de]

   > > Geoff, you say in GULP4:
   > >
   > > - If a request would modify the content, dead properties, or
   > > bindings of a locked resource, the request MUST fail unless the
   > > lock-token for that lock is specified in the request.
   > >
   > > What are the "bindings of a locked resource"? The complete
   > > DAV:parent-set of the resource or a specific binding or the
   > > bindings of the resource  and all its parents?

   > The bindings of a resource identify its internal members (and
   > therefore only a collection has bindings).  The bindings "to" a
   > resource would be identified in the DAV:parent-set.  I should
   > reword this to make sure nobody is confused ... any suggestions?

   How about:

   "If a request would modify the content, dead properties, or the set
   of bindings to children of a locked resource, the request MUST fail
   unless the lock-token for that lock is specified in the request."

Or how about:

"If a request would modify the content or dead properties of a locked
resource, or would modify the bindings of a locked collection, the
request MUST fail unless the lock-token for that lock is specified in
the request."

Cheers,
Geoff