RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

From: Jason Crawford <nn683849@smallcue.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:02:53 -0400
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
Cc: "Jim Whitehead" <ejw@cse.ucsc.edu>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Okay guys,
    We've gotten stuck again on this topic.    We last left the discussion
back near July 1 where I asked us to try to resolve the issue of whether we
use the XLink approach to roles or if we use dav:href tags.

Julian has advocated XLink...
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002AprJun/0250.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002JulSep/0006.html

Geoff has advocated dav:href
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002JulSep/0022.html

But no one responded to them and the discussion died.

Lisa asks and requests that we demonstrate interoperability at the
upcoming iterop.  If we don't, the source property will need to be
removed so that webdav can continue down the standards track.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2002JulSep/0096.html

If you feel it's important to retain the source property in the next draft
of
WebDAV you should speak up now.   Who plans to implement dav:source
in their offerings?

Jason.

Phone: 914-784-7569