RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:16:53 -0400
To: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>

<<
The W3C has decided to treat link roles as URIs. If we decide to define a
different mechanism, we will
sooner or later have to define a mapping of XLink role URIs to our role
schema (because other systems with which a WebDAv server connect may have
decided to use standard Xlink roles).

I assume Geoff or others will respond to this and hopefully also to my
questions.

<<
 Furthermore this brings *us* into the
business of defining roles (I think the spec should only define a mechanism
to marshall them, that's it).

By *US* I take it you mean the WebDAV community.  Is it your view that some
non-WebDAV entity will end up defining XLink roles that are also pertainent
WebDAV?

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com