MOVE command fails with 502 bad gateway on apache server

From: John Glavin <davmail@riverfrontsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:53:45 -0800
To: <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

With one particular server my DAV client is getting a "502 bad gateway"
error on the MOVE command.  With most other DAV servers the client doesn't
have a problem so I am wondering if anyone can think of a reason why it
would be failing on this server.  BTW the rename(MOVE) with WebFolders fails
as well but webfolders falls back to uploading the file to a different name
to accomplish the rename operation.

The owner of the server doesn't believe that they are running any proxies on
the server although I don't know how to verify that.

The server reports itself as "Server: Apache/1.3.23 (WCS NFS Patch) (Unix)

My MOVE command looks like this

MOVE /share/test/file.txt HTTP/1.1
Destination: http://shares.serverinquestion.com/share/test/newfile.txt
Host: shares.serverinquestion.com