From: John Glavin [mailto:john@webdrive.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 12:04 AM
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
Subject: [Moderator Action] MOVE command fails with 502 bad gateway on
apache server

Hello,

With one particular server my DAV client is getting a "502 bad gateway"
error on the MOVE command.  With most other DAV servers the client doesn't
have a problem so I am wondering if anyone can think of a reason why it
would be failing on this server.  BTW the rename(MOVE) with WebFolders fails
as well but webfolders falls back to uploading the file to a different name
to accomplish the rename operation.

The owner of the server doesn't believe that they are running any proxies on
the server although I don't know how to verify that.

The server reports itself as "Server: Apache/1.3.23 (WCS NFS Patch) (Unix)
DAV/1.0.3"

My MOVE command looks like this

MOVE /share/test/file.txt HTTP/1.1
Destination: http://shares.serverinquestion.com/share/test/newfile.txt