RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

From: <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:10:47 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org
That is fine with me.

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Dusseault [mailto:lisa@xythos.com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 7:42 PM
To: Daniel Brotsky; Julian Reschke
Cc: Jason Crawford; Clemm, Geoff; w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org; Julian Reschke
Subject: RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

> Bottom line: At this point, I think our two points of consensus are:
>
> 1. DAV:owner is owned by clients, and the spec should say this.
>
> 2. We are not going to add a way for clients to ask who owns a lock.
>
> I would suggest we close out this issue on that consensus.

So my position is pretty similar to Dan's: make it clear that DAV:owner is
owned by clients, and don't add any way for servers to insert lock owner
principal information.  I prefer any other extensions to DAV to be done
outside the base spec since they are clearly not needed for basic
interoperability and would delay Draft Standard.