RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

One could also take the position that we're *fixing* an interoperability
problem. The current RFC says [1]:

"The owner XML element provides information sufficient for either directly
contacting a principal (such as a telephone number or Email URI), or for
discovering the principal (such as the URL of a homepage) who owns a lock."

Right now it doesn't, because it's format is unspecified (and examples in
the draft are inconsistent).

To understand the implications of adding a new field, it would be useful to
have some idea about which timeframe we speak. Any guess how long it will
take until a new edition could be submitted? If it's a matter of several
months, I'd suggest adding the new element (it shouldn't hurt as long it's
optional, well-defined, and we can demonstrate interoperability).

[1] <http://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#ELEMENT_owner>