RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

From: Jason Crawford <ccjason@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:07:04 -0500
To: Daniel Brotsky <dbrotsky@adobe.com>
Cc: "Clemm, Geoff" <gclemm@Rational.Com>, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>

Julian's XLink based proposal sounds fine to me.

Dan, I assume you understand and sympathize with Geoff's hesitance to
having the server try to reveal the creator of the lock. Is there any other
info about a lock that ACL's don't provide that you feel needs to be
provided?

Geoff, Julian, are we sure we can't just define DAV:owner (rather than a
new field) more restrictively to comply with your Julian's proposal?

Lisa, Geoff, Julian, Can you think out the interoperability scenarios and
issues of Julian's proposal?  (I wasn't at the interops so I'm not familiar
with the current uses of DAV:owner and how Julian's proposal affects the
currently deployed systems and if there are transition issues.)

J.

Phone: 914-784-7569,   ccjason@us.ibm.com