Database-based webDAV server

From: Simon Hill <simon@canto.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:35:20 -0000
To: "'WebDAV'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
Hi all

Some of you have helped me out in the past, so I am hoping this group will
help me again.

I need to build an IIS database-based webDAV server, for want of a better
description.

My fundamental problem seems to be that I can't stop IIS from taking the
webDAV request, and, i) on the one hand, locking my script files as if they
were the files to be manipulated rather than a script to be run, and ii) on
the other (if I lock webDAV down in attempt to let the header rewrite pass
to my script), forbidding passage of any webDAV HTTP at all to my
header-rewriting ISAPI filter.

I have to pass the webDAV traffic to a script where I can parse the headers
and translate them into database calls.

I don't want to have to write my own webDAV client to do this, as I would
like the system to interface with Dreamweaver 4 and Homesite 5 webDAV
clients, where the locking phenomena appears.

I don't see any other way of implementing the multi-user, version-controlled
asset management that my application needs.

yours hopefully

Simon