RE: How do I make my app DAV-aware?

From: Lisa Dusseault <lisa@xythos.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:06:49 -0800
To: "WebDAV" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>

> So, my question is, how do I make my app work like
> Microsoft Word in
> it's use of the common save dialog?  Or do I have to
> write a network
> redirector (which I have no idea how to do yet) to
> mimic what the
> Webdrive software is doing?

Yes, you would have to write a network redirector, which might involve
modifying the application, or install WEbDrive.  I don't believe Microsoft
makes its Web Folders API available for common use, but you might look into
that as well.

The reason Word works but Notepad doesn't, is because Word has special code
to use Web Folders (part of Network Places in some Windows OS) and Notepad
doesn't have that special code.

In other words, Web Folders can't be used by just any application
automatically -- special code has to be added.

Lisa