Re: Clarification

From: Jon Radoff <jradoff@novalink.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 21:46:26 -0700
To: Jim Whitehead <ejw@ics.uci.edu>
CC: w3c-dist-auth@w3.org
> I suspect that you will be able to construct a server which exposes WebDAV
> functionality via an HTML interface -- the BSCW system (http://bscw.gmd.de)
> is one example of how this might look.  However, I don't think the WebDAV
> group needs to be concerned about this case because this type of operation
> does not require an interoperability standard.

I looked at http://bscw.gmd.de and thought their efforts were admirable,
and
they have the right idea as far as using the existing technology as the
interface.  WebDAV client programs should either work similarly inside
the browser or as extensions thereof.

Maybe there should be a set of proposed extension methods to Java that
help implement this capability within the browser.

Jon