RE: Clarification

From: Fisher Mark <FisherM@exch1.indy.tce.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 10:42:58 -0500
To: "'Jim Whitehead'" <ejw@ics.uci.edu>, "'Jon Radoff'" <jradoff@novalink.com>
Cc: "'w3c-dist-auth@w3.org'" <w3c-dist-auth@w3.org>
>Based on this statements can it also be assumed that an intention
>of WebDAV would be for it to be possible to perform WebDAV methods
>without new client software, e.g., use an HTML form to acquire
>information about desired methods and parameters which then feeds into
>the Web server a request which can be fulfilled?  In other words,
>could the end-user interactive elements of the WebDAV infrastructure be
>centralized at the server, utilizing the Web browser as simply a
>communications channel?  Could I use IE?  Netscape 2.0?  Mosaic?
>Lynx (only kidding).

FWIW, trials with the 32-bit MSIE 3.02 reveal that if you specify a
method other than GET or POST in a form, the method is changed to GET.
This was tested with both Jigsaw 1.0a5 and CERN 3.0 as Web servers.
Mark Leighton Fisher          Thomson Consumer Electronics
fisherm@indy.tce.com          Indianapolis, IN
"ViaCrypt?  Vhy not!"