Re: XML document production resources and tools

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:59:26 -0500
To: "Eve L. Maler" <eve.maler@east.sun.com>
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org
On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 02:53:32PM -0500, Eve L. Maler wrote:
> At 02:28 PM 3/9/01 -0500, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> >[10] http://www.w3.org/2001/03/09-XML-document-production-tools
>
> Thanks for doing this so quickly!

It was either that, or put it on the swamp-like someday pile.

> (BTW, I don't find that the use of the word "ontology" clears anything
> up...  I think "vocabulary" or "markup language" is probably the safest term.)

done - picked "vocabulary" so as not to imply (truthfully) that using
XMLspec requires exotic tools for a new "markup language".

> The HTML versions of the XML 1.0 2e and XLink specs were produced with the
> xmlspec.xsl stylesheet that's in CVS.  The XML version of the XML Base spec
> uses a variant of that stylesheet that Jonathan Marsh created; it's a
> subset of the original that hews to the XSLT version that IE supports.

done - could you tell me what XSL processor was used on XML 1.0 2e and
XLink? I presume IE for XML Base.

> Proper spelling of Arbortext these days is with lowercase t's.

done

> s/SMLspec/XMLspec/

done - picked XMLSpec for consistency. Will switch to XMLspec if
that's a better known term.

--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)