Re: Are current RDF tools ready for this use case?

Hi Mark --

You wrote...

In my mind, the ideal system would support:
 * The ability to store large numbers of triples, scalable to hundreds
of millions.
 * Would be clusterable for redundancy.
 * Could be accessed via HTTP for easy integration into a variety of
platforms.
 * Would be highly performant in regards to querying.

You may like to evaluate the Internet Business Logic system for this
purpose.

It supports the authoring and running of applications as business rules in
open vocabulary, executable English, using a browser.  It's live online at
the site below, and shared use is free.

Our current approach is to use the robustness and scalability of Oracle or
MySql to store triples and n-ary data.

>From the rules, the system automatically generates and runs SQL over
distributed databases.  The SQl is normally too complex to write reliably by
hand, but the system can explain the results, in English, at the business
level.

The following links may be useful for an evaluation.

 www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RDFQueryLangComparison1.agent

www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

Apologies if you have seen this before, and thanks for comments.

                                                  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic (R)
A Wiki for Executable Open Vocabulary English
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free

Adrian Walker
Reengineering