RE: Are current RDF tools ready for this use case?

Hi Mark,

[...]

Some info about RDF Gateway relevant to your problem...

> In my mind, the ideal system would support:
>  * The ability to store large numbers of triples, scalable to hundreds
> of millions.

We've got an online demo querying 250+ million triples and have a customer
achieving sub-second query response -- generating faceted results -- across
2+ billion triples.

See:

	http://labs.intellidimension.com/uniprot/

>  * Would be clusterable for redundancy.

Native store is not currently clusterable, but we recently added support for
SQL Server as a storage engine as part of some integration work we did for
Microsoft (for a problem space very similar to yours). So with that option,
we can leverage SQL Server's clustering support.

See:

http://www.intellidimension.com/pages/site/news/intellidimension_microsoft_p
ress_release.htm

>  * Could be accessed via HTTP for easy integration into a variety of
> platforms.

RDF Gateway has a built-in high-performance HTTP interface (as well as
OLEDB, JDBC).

>  * Would be highly performant in regards to querying.

Some somewhat out-of-date perf numbers (but still generally relevant):

	http://labs.intellidimension.com/demo/stats/perf.rsp

> Any feedback would be appreciated. And if you think this query might
> make more sense in another forum, please let me know.

Other info....Windows only, SPARQL support, .... :

	http://www.intellidimension.com/

> Thanks!
>
> Mark Kennedy
> mkennedy@fool.com