Re: Cool URIs, the Semantic Web and Everything

On 25 Dec 2007, at 21:41, Leo Sauermann wrote:
[snip]
>>> Q.II:  What does http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i identfiy?
[snip]
>> This is impossible to answer, because the URI's configuration is
>> broken. Even the author of the document seems to be confused about
>> what he wants the URI to identify.
>>
>> There is an XHTML representation, and it has a id="i", which
>> indicates that the URI identifies an XHTML fragment.
>>
>> But the XHTML document also encodes an RDF graph using RDFa. In it,
>> the author tries to use the same URI to denote a person. He claims
>> that a document fragment is a person. That's a nonsensical statement.
>>
>> Fortunately, this is easy to fix: Remove the id="i" from the
>> document, or change it to a different ID, and everything is fine.
>> After that fix, the answer would be 1, 2 and 6.
>>
> I don't know about removing the ID, maybe this would be good. But I
> would not make a "must" out of it, why not keep both

The application/xhtml+xml MIME type registration says: If there is
@id="i" in the XHTML document, then <mic.xhtml#i> designates a part of
that document. Thus, web architecture clearly states that
<mic.xhtml#i> identifies a document part.

Michael's RDFa, however, says that <mic.xhtml#i> denotes a person.

That's a contradiction. A person is not a section of a document.
Therefore, the @id="i" *MUST* be changed or removed, otherwise we have
a URI collision.

Richard