Re: Cool URIs, the Semantic Web and Everything

Hi all,

yep, having an example does help much now, your homepage.

I ran the URI through Ivan's converter:
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/pyRdfa/extract?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fsw-app.org%2Fmic.xhtml%23i&format=pretty-xml&submit=go%21

Its valid RDFa (or?)

answers below.

It was Richard Cyganiak who said at the right time 23.12.2007 16:25 the
following words:

> On 23 Dec 2007, at 08:22, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
>> Although feeling uncomfortable being labelled as the 'complainant' :)
>
> As an author, I know that every work of interest will draw some
> complaints, some justified and some not. And I prefer a clearly voiced
> complaint over nebulous expressions of doubt. Therefore, when you see
> room for improvement, please complain loudly and clearly ;-)
>
>> I guess that this wording would improve the text.
>>
>> Now, due to X-mas approaching, let's relax and quiz a bit
>> (multiple choice):
>>

>> Q.I: What is http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i?
>>
>> 1. A URI
>> 2. A URL
>> 3. A foaf:Person
>> 4. Michael Hausenblas
>> 6. An XHTML fragment
>
> It's a URI.

A URI.

>> Q.II:  What does http://sw-app.org/mic.xhtml#i identfiy?
>>
>> 1. A foaf:Person
>> 2. Michael Hausenblas
>> 4. An XHTML fragment
>> 5. Depends on who looks at it: A Web UA 'sees' a XHTML fragment,
>>   a SW agent a thing of type foaf:Person
>> 6. Dunno until I do an HTTP GET

I would say:

A foaf:person: according to the representation returned by the
information resource at the URI.
It returns a valid RDFa encoding of a statement saying that the uri is a
foaf:person.

> This is impossible to answer, because the URI's configuration is
> broken. Even the author of the document seems to be confused about
> what he wants the URI to identify.
>
> There is an XHTML representation, and it has a id="i", which indicates
> that the URI identifies an XHTML fragment.
>
> But the XHTML document also encodes an RDF graph using RDFa. In it,
> the author tries to use the same URI to denote a person. He claims
> that a document fragment is a person. That's a nonsensical statement.
>
> Fortunately, this is easy to fix: Remove the id="i" from the document,
> or change it to a different ID, and everything is fine. After that
> fix, the answer would be 1, 2 and 6.
>
> Richard

I don't know about removing the ID, maybe this would be good. But I
would not make a "must" out of it, why not keep both

best
Leo

>> Cheers,
>>     Michael

>> Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
>> Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
>> JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
>> Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

DI Leo Sauermann       http://www.dfki.de/~sauermann

Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer
Kuenstliche Intelligenz DFKI GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122
P.O. Box 2080           Fon:   +49 631 20575-116
D-67663 Kaiserslautern  Fax:   +49 631 20575-102
Germany                 Mail:  leo.sauermann@dfki.de

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Prof.Dr.Dr.h.c.mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313