Re: ANN: D2R Server publishing the DBLP Bibliography as Linked Data (Semantic Web grows 10%)

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 11:51:49 -0500
Cc: tabulator@csail.mit.edu
To: semantic-web@w3.org

Chris,

This is a great resource, and I suspect, one of many to served up
using D2R Server.

For the record, though discussed in IRC:

It brings up one of the interesting questions about linked data --
when to look what up and when yo make links.  Currently, the
tabulator tends to blow up, as it gets more rdfs:seeAlso links that
it can handle.

For example, the data for a person says
	<that person> seeAlso <the list of the list of all people>
The list of all people is large.

The tabulator, when it looks up A, and is told A seeAlso B, looks up
B. I think this should only happen when B contains information
relevant to A.

We discussed it non #swig before and after
  http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/swig/2006-11-04#T21-59-35

I liked your proposal to change the seeAlso to moreData, now
implemented -- thanks you!

I now have an owl:sameAs my ID in DBLP in my FOAF file, and as of the
*latest* (svn 2333) version it works in tabulator.

I think we should set up a http://www.w3.org/2006/link namespace for
bits and
pieces like this, and some things the tabulator already puts in its
own random ns.

Tim