W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > September 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting #5 2008-09-09

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 13:03:21 -0400
Message-Id: <8DFBC826-173F-405E-9A64-6168896A0FCE@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG XMLSec W3C <public-xmlsec@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 9 September  2008
Distributed Meeting #6

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: None

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Brad Hill is scheduled to scribe

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

     Scribe Instructions:
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting 16 September.  Juan Carlos Cruellas  is scheduled to  
scribe.

1c)  Meeting planning: Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee  
Meetings Week, 20 - 24 October 2008

XML Security scheduled Monday 20 October - Tuesday 21 October, please  
add to your calendar

Hotel reservation deadline 8 September!

W3C Registration deadline 28 September, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/ 
35125/TPAC2008/

Please complete WG dial-in and participation expectations questionnaire

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/tpac2008xmlsec/

1d)  Meeting planning: F2F planning

First F2F in Redwood City, CA, January/February
Please complete questionnaire regarding available dates  
(questionnaire open to 9 Sept)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/xmlsecearly2009/

2) Announcements/Reviews

None

3) Liaisons and Coordination

3a) TPAC F2F Scheduling

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0004.html

3b) XForms

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Sep/0003.html

3c) EXI

EXI Review - Ed Simon

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0005.html

Issues to share with EXI?

Actions and issues for XML Security?

3d) Web Applications

3e) XSLT (XPath discussion)

3f) XProc

3g) XML Schema

3h) WS-Policy

Update to XML Second Edition raised as issue (Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2008Sep/0000.html

3i) non-W3C

Update to XML Second Edition raised as issue in OASIS SSTC, WS-SX.  
(Frederick)

SSTC: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/email/ 
archives/200808/msg00087.html

WS-SX: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-sx/email/ 
archives/200809/msg00004.html

4)  Minutes Approval

4a)  Minutes from 2 September 2008  for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-xmlsec-minutes.html

5) Best Practices

5a) Status of agreed updates

5b) Additional Updates related to KeyInfo processing

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0014.html  
(Scott)

5c) Publication Planning

6)  Use Cases and Requirements

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

6a) Accept initial draft as checked in?

  Review additional proposals

7) v.next

7a) XPath versus new transform, XPointer element

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0017.html  
(Sean)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0023.html  
(Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0022.html  
(Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0024.html  
(Sean)

7b) Canonicalization public comment

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/att-0013/00- 
part


8) Issues List

Procedure for creating issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#issues

8a) New issues
[OPEN] ISSUE-51scantor: Effects of schema normalization on signature  
verification [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/51

8b) Issues List review

Status of current issues list

9) Completed Actions Pending Review

These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner  
of action) and may be closed if WG agrees.

Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/ 
2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview
[pending review] ACTION-42: Thomas Roessler to Elaborate on "any  
document" requirement vs canonicalizing xml:base - due 2008-08-26 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/42
[pending review] ACTION-43: Pratik Datta to Write about constrained  
nodesets requirement - due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/43
[pending review] ACTION-50: Pratik Datta to Draft a strawman for  
alternative to xpath transform - due 2008-09-02 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/50

10) Open Action item review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/ 
track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

[open] ACTION-2: Thomas Roessler to Update XML Signature errata to  
reflect RFC version's reference changes, based on input from Don  
Eastlake - due 2008-08-19 [on Errata-XML Signature]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/2
[open] ACTION-4: Frederick Hirsch to Arrange joint meetings on the  
coordination call - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/4
[open] ACTION-13: Konrad Lanz to Review streaming using 2nd edition  
Signature - due 2008-08-19 [on Sig (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13
[open] ACTION-16: Konrad Lanz to Write up proposal regarding use of  
transform that has parameter for passing xml model - due 2008-08-19  
[on Sig (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/16
[open] ACTION-19: Gerald Edgar to Evaluate Issues and Actions for  
appropriate placement - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/19
[open] ACTION-22: Ed Simon to Review EXI docs that were published -  
due 2008-08-19 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/22
[open] ACTION-24: Scott Cantor to Review schema for improvements -  
due 2008-08-26 [on Sig (Design for XML Signature V Next)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/24
[open] ACTION-27: Robert Miller to contact crypto hardware and suiteB  
experts in NSA regarding XML Security WG and possible involvement -  
due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/27
[open] ACTION-29: Gerald Edgar to test Issues entry and list  
generation - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/29
[open] ACTION-30: to Update xmlsec public page to include top  
information like original xml security public pages - due 2008-08-19  
[on WG-Web Site]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/30
[open] ACTION-31: Thomas Roessler to Investigate ebXML liaison (see  
ACTION-6) - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/31
[open] ACTION-32: Kelvin Yiu to Document requirements and assumptions  
in simple signing strawman - due 2008-08-19 [on Rqmts (XML Signature  
and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/32
[open] ACTION-36: Brian LaMacchia to Take a look at NIST document -  
due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/36
[open] ACTION-37: Scott Cantor to Write up scenario for simple sign -  
due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next  
Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/37
[open] ACTION-38: Brian LaMacchia to Enlist kelvin to write up  
scenarios he's interested in; split of classes - due 2008-08-26 [on  
Rqmts (XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/38
[open] ACTION-39: Hal Lockhart to Contribute web service related  
scenario - due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/39
[open] ACTION-47: Thomas Roessler to Add http://lists.w3.org/Archives/ 
Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jun/0021.html to c14n 1.1 errata  
page - due 2008-09-02 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/47
[open] ACTION-49: Bradley Hill to Edit the best practices document -  
due 2008-09-02 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/49
[open] ACTION-51: Konrad Lanz to Provide proposal on list regarding  
transform primitives - due 2008-09-02 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/51
[open] ACTION-52: Konrad Lanz to Attempt summarizing recent  
discussions as input for design document - due 2008-09-02 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/52
[open] ACTION-53: Pratik Datta to Review comments from Scott and  
propose document change, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public- 
xmlsec/2008Aug/0054.html - due 2008-09-09 [on ]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/53
11) Any other business

12) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------

Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ()
Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert ()
Robert Miller, MITRE ()
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Friday, 5 September 2008 17:07:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:54 GMT