W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > July 2008

Re: Agenda: Distributed meeting #1 2008-07-29

From: Anil Saldhana <Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:16:45 -0500
Message-ID: <4889FC6D.7060205@redhat.com>
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
CC: public-xmlsec@w3.org

Regrets.

Frederick Hirsch wrote:
> Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec)
> Teleconference 29 July  2008
> Distributed Meeting #1
> 
> 10-12:00 am Eastern Time
> Information on meeting times in various time zones:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone
> 
> Zakim Bridge:
>        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
> IRC Chat:
>      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
> Web-based IRC (member-only):
>      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>
> 
> Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted 
> to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.
> 
> Chair: Frederick Hirsch
> 
> Regrets: Rob Miller, Bruce Rich
> 
> 1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other
> 
> 1a)  Scott Cantor  is scheduled to scribe.
> 
> The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate 
> through this list.
> 
>     Scribe Instructions:
>     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html
> 
> 1b)   Meeting planning
> 
> This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is 
> cancelled.  Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG 
> Administrative page:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings
> 
> No meeting 5 August. Next meeting 12 August. TBD is scheduled to scribe.
> 
> 1c) Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee Meetings Week, 20 - 24 
> October 2008
> 
> XML Security scheduled Monday 20 October - Tuesday 21 October, please 
> add to your calendar
> 
> Schedule: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule
> 
> Joint meetings (to be arranged)
> XML Core
> EXI
> 
> 1d) F2F planning
> 
> Plan two F2F meetings this year: Barcelona  (July), Cannes (October)
> 
> Four F2F next year(?):
> 
> 1. West Coast/Seattle? (Jan/Feb)
> 2. Boston/Europe? (May)
> 3. Boston/Europe ?(Aug)
> 4. SF area TP, November 2009
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/TPOverview.html#Future
> 
> 1e) XPath 2.0 presentation
> 
> what do we want?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0030.html
> 
> 1f) Please review Home and Administrative web pages
> 
> Please review the WG public and administrative pages. I have updated 
> them. What is missing, confusing or needs correction?
> 
> Public page
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Overview.html
> 
> Administrative page
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html
> 
> 1g) Products list
> 
> WG agree to this products list
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0019.html
> 
> 
> 2)  Minutes Approval
> 
> Please wait for email noting that update completed and then review
> 
> 2a) Minutes from F2F day 1 for approval:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-xmlsec-minutes.html
> 
> 2b) Minutes from F2F day 2 for approval:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/17-xmlsec-minutes.html
> 
> 3) Issues list management
> 
> General discussion, tracker status
> 
> Raising issues - please review process
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#issues
> 
> 4) Canonicalization Requirements
> 
> 4a) From the charter:
> "review use cases and requirements for the design and application of 
> canonicalization algorithms"
> 
> Use cases and requirements review.
> 
> 4b) Namespaces and Namespace Undeclarations
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Jul/0025.html 
> (member only)
> 
> 5) Algorithm requirements
> 
> 5a) Modifying Current Signature algorithm implementation requirements
> 
> Signature:
> Change DSAwithSHA1 (DSS) from Required to Recommended
> Change RSAwithSHA1 from Recommended to Required
> 
> Canonicalization:
> 
> Change  Canonical XML 1.0(omits comments) from Required to Deprecated
> Change  Canonical XML 1.0 with  comments) from Recommended to Deprecated
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0035.html 
> (Frederick)
> 
> discussion
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0036.html (Sean)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0037.html 
> (Frederick)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0038.html (Bruce)
> 
> 6) Transforms design
> 
> Ideas raised at F2F
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0016.html 
> (Thomas)
> 
> Transform to signal processing model
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0031.html (Sean)
> 
> Forward compatibility/focus on XPath
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/att-0033/00-part 
> (Pratik)
> 
> Processing instruction Proposal
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0034.html 
> (Konrad)
> 
> SignatureProperty hint
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0038.html (Sean)
> 
> 7) Schema validation after adding a signature
> 
> Discuss with XML Schema WG?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0018.html
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0020.html (Scott)
> 
> New Issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Jul/0026.html
> 
> 8) Best Practices
> 
> Please review
> http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-bestpractices/
> 
> 9) Action item review
> 
> Process regarding actions and links to tracker action lists on 
> Administrative page:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#actions
> 
> 9a) Action items pending review
> 
> These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner of 
> action) and may be closed if WG agrees.
> 
> Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at 
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview
> [pending review] ACTION-3: Thomas Roessler to RNG Schema: Check on 
> status with customer. - due 2008-07-07 [on XML Signature RNG Schema]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/3
> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Jul/0017.html
> 
> and response
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Jul/0020.html
> 
> [pending review] ACTION-9: Thomas Roessler to Fix Tracker - due 
> 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/9
> [pending review] ACTION-10: Frederick Hirsch to Update wg page to 
> include issues link - due 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/10
> See http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#issues
> 
> [pending review] ACTION-11: Frederick Hirsch to Ask for XPath 2.0 
> presentation to group - due 2008-07-24 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/11
> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Jul/0027.html
> 
> [pending review] ACTION-14: Frederick Hirsch to Ask about 
> namespaces/undeclarations in xml coordination group - due 2008-07-24 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/14
> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Jul/0025.html
> 
> 9b) Open Action items
> 
>     Open actions are listed in Tracker at 
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open
> 
> Procedure for closing actions: 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions
> [open] ACTION-2: Thomas Roessler to Update XML Signature errata to 
> reflect RFC version's reference changes, based on input from Don 
> Eastlake - due 2008-07-07 [on XML Signature Errata]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/2
> [open] ACTION-4: Frederick Hirsch to Arrange joint meetings on the 
> coordination call - due 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/4
> [open] ACTION-5: Frederick Hirsch to Check how the formal OASIS liasion 
> is working. - due 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/5
> [open] ACTION-6: Sean Mullan to Investigate ebxml liasion - due 
> 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/6
> [open] ACTION-7: Bruce Rich to Informally liase with WS-Fed - due 
> 2008-07-23 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/7
> [open] ACTION-12: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review archive from maint. 
> group to revisit type issue - due 2008-07-24 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/12
> 
> [open] ACTION-13: Konrad Lanz to Review streaming using 2nd edition 
> Signature - due 2008-07-24 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/13
> 
> [open] ACTION-15: Brian LaMacchia to Provide proposal on xmlsec 
> namespace approach to identify elements to be processed - due 2008-07-24 
> [on C14n (Design for Canonicalization V Next)]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/15
> 
> [open] ACTION-16: Konrad Lanz to Write up proposal regarding use of 
> transform that has parameter for passing xml model - due 2008-07-24 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/16
> 
> [open] ACTION-19: Gerald Edgar to Evaluate Issues and Actions for 
> appropriate placement - due 2008-07-30 [on ]
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/19
> 
> 
> 10) Issues List review
> 
>  Open issues are listed in Tracker at 
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open
> 
> Procedure for creating issues: 
> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#issues
> 
> 11) Any other business
> 
> 12) Adjourn
> 
> Scribing  list
> -----------
> Scott Cantor, invited expert ()
> Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ()
> Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia ()
> Pratik Datta, Oracle ()
> Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
> Bradley Hill, Invited Expert ()
> Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft ()
> Robert Miller, MITRE ()
> Sean Mullan, Sun ()
> Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
> Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
> Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
> Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
> Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
> John Wray, IBM ()
> Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
> Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
> Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
> Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
> Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
> 
> 
> regards, Frederick
> 
> Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
> Chair XML Security WG
> 
> 
> 
> 

-- 
--------------------------------------
Anil Saldhana
Leader, JBoss Security & Identity Management
Red Hat Inc
URL: http://jboss.org/jbosssecurity
BLOG: http://anil-identity.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------
Received on Friday, 25 July 2008 16:17:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:54 GMT