Re: High priority items for Thursday

Norman Walsh writes:

> I would like to get closure on three issues by the end of the call
> this week. (Getting closure in email before the call would suit me
> just fine :-)
>
> 1. Using the context position for counting iterations through a loop[1]
>    with the subsequent carry-on question, what do we set the context
>    size to?
>
> For the record, I'm in favor of the proposal and would prefer
> size()==position().

I'm in favour of the proposal, and would prefer size() (by which you
mean last(), right?) == MAXINT

> 2. Settling the parameters question. There have been a number of
>    proposals put forth (at least [2][3][4]) but not much email
>    discussion of them.

I think the one thing we're close to consensus on is the proposition
that parameters _don't_ inherit.  Three out of four of the new
proposals (you forgot mine, at [4a]) also provide for reading
parameter settings from <p:parameters> documents or something close to
that.  Aside from syntactic details, the only real problem area I see
remaining is how to deal as simply as possible with external
(e.g. command-line) parameters.  I think your proposal [3] can be
modified to improve the way it handles this, and I'll make a proposal
to do so in a separate message..

> Any progress that we make in email improves the chances that we'll
> close these items at the telcon.
>
> 3. Cardinality of inputs.[5] This strikes me, by comparison, as low
>    hanging fruit :-)

I'm still trying to understand what the use cases are for 0-or-1, so
I'll reserve judgement. . .

ht

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007May/0362.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2007May/0424.html