Re: Defaulting and syntactic shortcuts

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:30:51 -0400
To: public-xml-processing-model-wg@w3.org
|> 3. Consider:

|>    Isn't this an obvious syntactic convenience?

| did you see that you have two port attribute ?

Ah. Good. At least that one's clearly not a good idea ;-)

|> 4. Consider:

|>        <some-root>...</some-root>
|>
|>    Isn't this an obvious syntactic convenience?

|>      <some-root>...</some-root>
|
| This one is very dangerous, since we allow any foreign element to
| appear anywhere

That's not true anymore. Ignorable elements are now allowed basically
only as the children of a p:pipeline-library or p:pipeline. We do
allow p:documentation anywhere, so maybe that's reason enough.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Nothing ever becomes real till it is
http://nwalsh.com/            | experienced--even a proverb is no