Re: Validation in general

On 4/30/07, Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear,
>
> We already have p:validate-xml-schema and p:validate-relax-ng
>
> It seems we still miss at least two of existing more or less
> widespread technology :
> * p:validate-schematron

I think we don't have a schematron step for the same reason we don't
have a p:tagsoup or p:tidy for cleaning up HTML.  They are open-source
projects and not specifications.

Many of the schematron features will be available in XML Schema 1.1.

* p:nvdl

I had thought the NVDL folks were hoping to implement NVDL as an
XML pipeline.  Is there a final spec for NVDL ?  If not, I think we need
to wait for one before we can put it into our spec.

None of this precludes there being a "standard" definition of steps
outside of our current Version 1 specification.  In fact, I'd be an advocate
of producing an ancillary specification that defines additional step
types at some point in the future (i.e. after our current specification goes
rec).