Re: Source without a step

At 12:31 PM 8/29/2006 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
>Irrespective of the syntax, it will be possible to specify a source
>without a port, e.g.,

>What does this mean?

Unless I am totally confused, I think that the syntax above references a port,
but does not specify the step. That is what the email subject says, but the
prose above says "specify a source without a port."

My initial preference is #1 -- it is an error.

If we have to allow a default interpretation, then I would prefer #4, but I
am not sure that I could tell you which step!result is referenced in every
example that you could show me.