Re: [UC] Bio-medical Image Use Case

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:02:39 +0200
To: Melliyal Annamalai <melliyal.annamalai@oracle.com>
CC: MMSem public <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Hi Melli,

>    I just posted a bio-medical use case on the wiki.  This is similar
> in several ways to the use case described in the draft document of the
> group, however I went ahead and posted it since there was on case on
> the wiki.  It is probably a sign of the usefulness of semantics in
> this domain that two groups have independently come up with similar
> use cases.

Thanks a lot ! It is indeed an excellent use case that perfectly shows
the need for more semantics for allowing interoperability in the medical
domain.
Will it be possible for you to add in the description some links to the
DICOM dictionary, the SNOMED ontology, etc...
Furthermore, is it worth to precise that (even) in the medical domain,
and the various attempts to standardize the vocabulary to use in the
description, there are still different thesaurus and ontologies (SNOMED,
Foundational Model of Anatomy, OpenGalen, etc.).

Best.

    RaphaŽl