W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

AW: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Neubert Joachim <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:57:35 +0100
Message-ID: <3A59BB6451C972429019B12996F92DAD048F9FEC@frodo.zbw-nett.zbw-kiel.de>
To: "Thomas Baker" <tbaker@tbaker.de>, "public-xg-lld" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Regrets for today - I'm in workshop

Cheers, Joachim

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-xg-lld-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Thomas Baker
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. März 2011 01:21
> An: public-xg-lld
> Betreff: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> 
> Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> 
> Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
> 
> Time - 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
>      
> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
>      0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris 
> - 2300 Kuala Lumpur
>      0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
> 
> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
>       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
>       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - 
> community list
> 
> LLD XG telecons:
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>       Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
>           persons invited by chairs.
> 
> Chair: Tom
> Scribe: Kevin
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
>       
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
> 
> Regrets: 
> 
> ======================================================================
> ADMIN
> -- Minutes of previous telecon 
>    PROPOSED: To accept 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/03-lld-mi
nutes.html
> 
> -- Daylight Saving Time warning for 2011-03-15, 2011-03-17 
> and 2011-03-24 telecons
> 
> -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>      Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled 
> chairs, regrets received, and proposed topics
>          2011-03-15 Tom (special call for Asia-Pacific)
>          2011-03-17 Antoine - discussion on Problems and 
> limitations (Karen & al.)
>          2011-03-24 Emma (Regrets Tom) - Problems and 
> limitations continued
>          2011-03-31 Antoine - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma)
>          2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner)
>          2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & 
> vocabularies (owner)
>          2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
>          2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
>          2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on 
> remaining actions
>          2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, 
> reviewers assigned for all sections
>          2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final 
> report, and discussion on potential nexts steps
>          2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - 
> next steps if any
> 
> -- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific
>    
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&
day=15&year=2011&hour=04&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
>    San Francisco         2100 Monday, 14 March
>    Boston                0000 "Tuesday" (i.e., Monday night!!)
>    Amsterdam/Paris       0500 Tuesday, 15 March
>    Kuala Lumpur          1200 Tuesday, 15 March
>    Tokyo                 1300 Tuesday, 15 March
>      
>    Expected are: Tom (chair), Dickson, Hideaki, Karen, Marcia,
>    Emmanuelle, Kosuke, Ed, Tom, Jeff.
>    Scribe: Ed or Marcia?
>    For other time zones, see: http://tinyurl.com/49eef48
>     
> ======================================================================
> FINAL REPORT DRAFT
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport 
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerA
> ssignments
> 
> Six items:
> 
>   1. Executive Summary
> -- report section
> -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level 
> view of issues (but not only issues), should also be made 
> available as separate unit for print and distribute. 
> -- must be written late
> 
>   2. Benefits of LD for libraries
> -- report section
> -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as 
> illustrations of the benefits
> 
> ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits 
> of LLD for libraries [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action06]
> 
>   3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, 
> plus an annotated list of use cases, plus requirement list?)
> -- separate deliverable
> -- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by 
> neutral editors.
> cf. #1 in 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> 
> ACTION: emma, TomB, and antoine to send a call for finding an 
> owner of the UC deliverable [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action07]
> 
>   4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine and Jeff)
>      Antoine's proposal: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006
.html (Mar 2)
>      1. Section in final report characterizing representative 
> vocabularies and datasets from the LOD cloud.
>         Identify gaps.  Emphasize that this is a snapshot.
>      2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable
> 
>   5.  Relevant technologies
> cf. #6 in 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> -- tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones 
> available, maybe short descriptions
> -- see thread starting at 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0017.html
> 
>   6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
> -- report section
> cf. #4-5 in 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> 
>   7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, 
> Identifiers, Data modeling, Architecture, Links, General 
> education and outreach, Curricula)
> -- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general,  to 
> be extracted from the issues
> -- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next 
> steps (example recommendation would be the creation of a 
> working group)
> -- in Cologne Guenther Neher had volunteered to write 
> something about curricula - ask him
> 
> ======================================================================
> USE CASE CLUSTERS
> 
> ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster 
> [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-mi
nutes.html#action03]
> 
> ACTION: Kevin and Joachim to review content of existing 
> clusters to see where the web service dimension could be 
> strengthened. [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/10-lld-mi
nutes.html#action13]
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> REQUIREMENTS
> 
> -- First requirements extracted during F2F meeting:
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_f
> or_future_work 
>  
> ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general 
> purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with 
> caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
nutes.html#action04]
> 
> ======================================================================
> VOCABULARIES & DATASETS - SECTION IN REPORT + APPENDIX OR 
> SEPARATE DELIVERABLE
> 
> -- Vocabularies
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
nutes.html#vocs
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> mes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30
> 
> -- DATASETS ON CKAN
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_fo
> rmats - first page
>    http://ckan.net/group/lld - LLD group
>    -- Packages should use LOD cloud guidelines where applicable
>       
> http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData
> /DataSets/CKANmetainformation
>    -- Conventions for keys/predicates used in LLD should be 
> documented at
>       
> http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkedLibraryDa
> ta/Datasets/CKANmetainformation
> 
> ACTION: Volunteers to send login information (openid 
> credentials) to William Waite to curate LLD group on CKAN 
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action04]
> 
> ======================================================================
> PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT
> 
> Gordon's analysis
>     
>     
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> d_linked_data
> 
>     1 Issues for further discussion
>         o 1.1 Constrained versus unconstrained properties and classes
>         o 1.2 Application profiles or OWL ontologies
>         o 1.3 Use of published properties and classes
>     2 Granularity of library metadata
>         o 2.1 Levels of granularity
>         o 2.2 Inheritance
>         o 2.3 Mixed granularity
>         o 2.4 Interoperability
>     3 Library linked-data and legacy records
>         o 3.1 Intellectual property right
>         o 3.2 Technical infrastructure
>         o 3.3 Duplication and identifiers
>         o 3.4 Service infrastructure
>         o 3.5 Library culture
>     4 Library domain as Semantic Web
> 
> ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message 
> in the next week re brainstorming on important issues 
> [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-mi
nutes.html#action08]
> 
> -- Working area for report section -- current owners: Karen, 
> Peter, Tom, Gordon
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
>  
> -- Library standards and issues pages:
>    
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> d_linked_data
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
>  
> ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open 
> questions in the second half of 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> d_linked_data [recorded in 
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-mi
nutes.html#action03]
> 
>  -- Topics as a checklist, each topic having its own page
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
>  
> ======================================================================
> AOB
> 
> 
> --
> Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 10 March 2011 09:58:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 March 2011 09:58:14 GMT