W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:20:45 -0500
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20110310002045.GA4284@octavius>
Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda

Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
     http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
     0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala Lumpur
     0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)

W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

LLD XG telecons:
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
      Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
          persons invited by chairs.

Chair: Tom
Scribe: Kevin
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames

Regrets: 

======================================================================
ADMIN
-- Minutes of previous telecon 
   PROPOSED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/03-lld-minutes.html

-- Daylight Saving Time warning for 2011-03-15, 2011-03-17 and 2011-03-24 telecons

-- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
     Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs, regrets received, and proposed topics
         2011-03-15 Tom (special call for Asia-Pacific)
         2011-03-17 Antoine - discussion on Problems and limitations (Karen & al.)
         2011-03-24 Emma (Regrets Tom) - Problems and limitations continued
         2011-03-31 Antoine - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma)
         2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner)
         2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies (owner)
         2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
         2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
         2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining actions
         2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers assigned for all sections
         2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and discussion on potential nexts steps
         2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next steps if any

-- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific
   http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=15&year=2011&hour=04&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

   San Francisco         2100 Monday, 14 March
   Boston                0000 "Tuesday" (i.e., Monday night!!)
   Amsterdam/Paris       0500 Tuesday, 15 March
   Kuala Lumpur          1200 Tuesday, 15 March
   Tokyo                 1300 Tuesday, 15 March
     
   Expected are: Tom (chair), Dickson, Hideaki, Karen, Marcia,
   Emmanuelle, Kosuke, Ed, Tom, Jeff.
   Scribe: Ed or Marcia?
   For other time zones, see: http://tinyurl.com/49eef48
    
======================================================================
FINAL REPORT DRAFT
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport 
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments

Six items:

  1. Executive Summary
-- report section
-- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of issues (but not only issues), should also be made available as separate unit for print and distribute. 
-- must be written late

  2. Benefits of LD for libraries
-- report section
-- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of the benefits

ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits of LLD for libraries [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]

  3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, plus an annotated list of use cases, plus requirement list?)
-- separate deliverable
-- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by neutral editors.
cf. #1 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html

ACTION: emma, TomB, and antoine to send a call for finding an owner of the UC deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action07]

  4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine and Jeff)
     Antoine's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006.html (Mar 2)
     1. Section in final report characterizing representative vocabularies and datasets from the LOD cloud.
        Identify gaps.  Emphasize that this is a snapshot.
     2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable

  5.  Relevant technologies
cf. #6 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
-- tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones available, maybe short descriptions
-- see thread starting at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0017.html

  6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
-- report section
cf. #4-5 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html

  7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers, Data modeling, Architecture, Links, General education and outreach, Curricula)
-- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general,  to be extracted from the issues
-- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next steps (example recommendation would be the creation of a working group)
-- in Cologne Guenther Neher had volunteered to write something about curricula - ask him

======================================================================
USE CASE CLUSTERS

ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Kevin and Joachim to review content of existing clusters to see where the web service dimension could be strengthened. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/10-lld-minutes.html#action13]

----------------------------------------------------------------------
REQUIREMENTS

-- First requirements extracted during F2F meeting:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_for_future_work 
 
ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]

======================================================================
VOCABULARIES & DATASETS - SECTION IN REPORT + APPENDIX OR SEPARATE DELIVERABLE

-- Vocabularies
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30

-- DATASETS ON CKAN
   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats - first page
   http://ckan.net/group/lld - LLD group
   -- Packages should use LOD cloud guidelines where applicable
      http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
   -- Conventions for keys/predicates used in LLD should be documented at
      http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkedLibraryData/Datasets/CKANmetainformation

ACTION: Volunteers to send login information (openid credentials) to William Waite to curate LLD group on CKAN [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action04]

======================================================================
PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT

Gordon's analysis
    
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data

    1 Issues for further discussion
        o 1.1 Constrained versus unconstrained properties and classes
        o 1.2 Application profiles or OWL ontologies
        o 1.3 Use of published properties and classes
    2 Granularity of library metadata
        o 2.1 Levels of granularity
        o 2.2 Inheritance
        o 2.3 Mixed granularity
        o 2.4 Interoperability
    3 Library linked-data and legacy records
        o 3.1 Intellectual property right
        o 3.2 Technical infrastructure
        o 3.3 Duplication and identifiers
        o 3.4 Service infrastructure
        o 3.5 Library culture
    4 Library domain as Semantic Web

ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message in the next week re brainstorming on important issues [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-minutes.html#action08]

-- Working area for report section -- current owners: Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
 
-- Library standards and issues pages:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
 
ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open questions in the second half of http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action03]

 -- Topics as a checklist, each topic having its own page
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
 
======================================================================
AOB


-- 
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Received on Thursday, 10 March 2011 00:21:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 March 2011 00:21:24 GMT