W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

RE: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 13:33:41 -0500
To: "'Thomas Baker'" <tbaker@tbaker.de>, "'public-xg-lld'" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <0f2201cbdf51$ae21b220$0a651660$@gov>
Regrets here too. Didn't make it to work this morning. --Ray

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-lld-request@w3.org]
> On Behalf Of Neubert Joachim
> Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:58 AM
> To: Thomas Baker; public-xg-lld
> Subject: AW: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> 
> Regrets for today - I'm in workshop
> 
> Cheers, Joachim
> 
> > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org
> > [mailto:public-xg-lld-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Thomas Baker
> > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. März 2011 01:21
> > An: public-xg-lld
> > Betreff: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> >
> > Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
> >
> > Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
> >
> > Time -
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
> >      0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris
> > - 2300 Kuala Lumpur
> >      0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
> >
> > W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
> >       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
> >       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
> >       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group
> list
> >       http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     -
> > community list
> >
> > LLD XG telecons:
> >       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
> >       Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
> >           persons invited by chairs.
> >
> > Chair: Tom
> > Scribe: Kevin
> >       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
> >       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
> >
> > Regrets:
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > ADMIN
> > -- Minutes of previous telecon
> >    PROPOSED: To accept
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/03-lld-mi
> nutes.html
> >
> > -- Daylight Saving Time warning for 2011-03-15, 2011-03-17 and
> > 2011-03-24 telecons
> >
> > -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
> >      Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs,
> > regrets received, and proposed topics
> >          2011-03-15 Tom (special call for Asia-Pacific)
> >          2011-03-17 Antoine - discussion on Problems and limitations
> > (Karen & al.)
> >          2011-03-24 Emma (Regrets Tom) - Problems and limitations
> > continued
> >          2011-03-31 Antoine - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma)
> >          2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner)
> >          2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies
> > (owner)
> >          2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
> >          2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
> >          2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining
> > actions
> >          2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers
> > assigned for all sections
> >          2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and
> > discussion on potential nexts steps
> >          2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next
> > steps if any
> >
> > -- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific
> >
> > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&
> day=15&year=2011&hour=04&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> >
> >    San Francisco         2100 Monday, 14 March
> >    Boston                0000 "Tuesday" (i.e., Monday night!!)
> >    Amsterdam/Paris       0500 Tuesday, 15 March
> >    Kuala Lumpur          1200 Tuesday, 15 March
> >    Tokyo                 1300 Tuesday, 15 March
> >
> >    Expected are: Tom (chair), Dickson, Hideaki, Karen, Marcia,
> >    Emmanuelle, Kosuke, Ed, Tom, Jeff.
> >    Scribe: Ed or Marcia?
> >    For other time zones, see: http://tinyurl.com/49eef48
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > FINAL REPORT DRAFT
> >    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerA
> > ssignments
> >
> > Six items:
> >
> >   1. Executive Summary
> > -- report section
> > -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of
> > issues (but not only issues), should also be made available as
> > separate unit for print and distribute.
> > -- must be written late
> >
> >   2. Benefits of LD for libraries
> > -- report section
> > -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of
> > the benefits
> >
> > ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits of LLD
> for
> > libraries [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action06]
> >
> >   3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, plus an
> > annotated list of use cases, plus requirement list?)
> > -- separate deliverable
> > -- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by neutral
> > editors.
> > cf. #1 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> >
> > ACTION: emma, TomB, and antoine to send a call for finding an owner
> of
> > the UC deliverable [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action07]
> >
> >   4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine and Jeff)
> >      Antoine's proposal:
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006
> .html (Mar 2)
> >      1. Section in final report characterizing representative
> > vocabularies and datasets from the LOD cloud.
> >         Identify gaps.  Emphasize that this is a snapshot.
> >      2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable
> >
> >   5.  Relevant technologies
> > cf. #6 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> > -- tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones available,
> > maybe short descriptions
> > -- see thread starting at
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0017.html
> >
> >   6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi)
> > -- report section
> > cf. #4-5 in
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
> >
> >   7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers,
> Data
> > modeling, Architecture, Links, General education and outreach,
> > Curricula)
> > -- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general,  to be
> > extracted from the issues
> > -- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next steps
> > (example recommendation would be the creation of a working group)
> > -- in Cologne Guenther Neher had volunteered to write something about
> > curricula - ask him
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > USE CASE CLUSTERS
> >
> > ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action03]
> >
> > ACTION: Kevin and Joachim to review content of existing
> > clusters to see where the web service dimension could be
> > strengthened. [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/10-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action13]
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> -
> > REQUIREMENTS
> >
> > -- First requirements extracted during F2F meeting:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> > mes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_f
> > or_future_work
> >
> > ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general
> > purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with
> > caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action04]
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > VOCABULARIES & DATASETS - SECTION IN REPORT + APPENDIX OR
> > SEPARATE DELIVERABLE
> >
> > -- Vocabularies
> >    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-mi
> nutes.html#vocs
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outco
> > mes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30
> >
> > -- DATASETS ON CKAN
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_fo
> > rmats - first page
> >    http://ckan.net/group/lld - LLD group
> >    -- Packages should use LOD cloud guidelines where applicable
> >
> > http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData
> > /DataSets/CKANmetainformation
> >    -- Conventions for keys/predicates used in LLD should be
> > documented at
> >
> > http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkedLibraryDa
> > ta/Datasets/CKANmetainformation
> >
> > ACTION: Volunteers to send login information (openid
> > credentials) to William Waite to curate LLD group on CKAN
> > [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action04]
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT
> >
> > Gordon's analysis
> >
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> > d_linked_data
> >
> >     1 Issues for further discussion
> >         o 1.1 Constrained versus unconstrained properties and classes
> >         o 1.2 Application profiles or OWL ontologies
> >         o 1.3 Use of published properties and classes
> >     2 Granularity of library metadata
> >         o 2.1 Levels of granularity
> >         o 2.2 Inheritance
> >         o 2.3 Mixed granularity
> >         o 2.4 Interoperability
> >     3 Library linked-data and legacy records
> >         o 3.1 Intellectual property right
> >         o 3.2 Technical infrastructure
> >         o 3.3 Duplication and identifiers
> >         o 3.4 Service infrastructure
> >         o 3.5 Library culture
> >     4 Library domain as Semantic Web
> >
> > ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message
> > in the next week re brainstorming on important issues
> > [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action08]
> >
> > -- Working area for report section -- current owners: Karen,
> > Peter, Tom, Gordon
> >    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
> >
> > -- Library standards and issues pages:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> > d_linked_data
> >    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
> >
> > ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open
> > questions in the second half of
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_an
> > d_linked_data [recorded in
> > http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-mi
> nutes.html#action03]
> >
> >  -- Topics as a checklist, each topic having its own page
> >    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
> >
> >
> ======================================================================
> > AOB
> >
> >
> > --
> > Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
> >
> >
Received on Thursday, 10 March 2011 18:34:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 March 2011 18:34:20 GMT