W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

Re: Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: Kai Eckert <kai@informatik.uni-mannheim.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:00:09 +0100
To: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>,public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <c8da0279-6e10-4de9-86b7-03a48e8ae717@email.android.com>
Regrets from Alex and me. We are on the way to bibcamp 4 in Hamburg. If others from the group are there, too, contact me.

Cheers,

Kai
-- 
Kai Eckert
Universit├Ątsbibliothek Mannheim
Fachreferat Mathematik, Informatik, Wirtschaftsinformatik
Schloss Ostfluegel
68131 Mannheim
Tel. 0621/181-2946 Fax 0621/181-2918

Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> wrote:

Agenda - Mar 10 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061 0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala Lumpur 0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day) W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ - home page http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ - wiki http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/ - group list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/ - community list LLD XG telecons: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and persons invited by chairs. Chair: Tom Scribe: Kevin http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to) http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nic
 knames
Regrets:_____________________________________________
ADMIN -- Minutes of previous telecon PROPOSED: To accept http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/03-lld-minutes.html -- Daylight Saving Time warning for 2011-03-15, 2011-03-17 and 2011-03-24 telecons -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs, regrets received, and proposed topics 2011-03-15 Tom (special call for Asia-Pacific) 2011-03-17 Antoine - discussion on Problems and limitations (Karen & al.) 2011-03-24 Emma (Regrets Tom) - Problems and limitations continued 2011-03-31 Antoine - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma) 2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner) 2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies (owner) 2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner) 2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner) 2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining actions 2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers assigned for al
 l
sections 2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and discussion on potential nexts steps 2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next steps if any -- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=15&year=2011&hour=04&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 San Francisco 2100 Monday, 14 March Boston 0000 "Tuesday" (i.e., Monday night!!) Amsterdam/Paris 0500 Tuesday, 15 March Kuala Lumpur 1200 Tuesday, 15 March Tokyo 1300 Tuesday, 15 March Expected are: Tom (chair), Dickson, Hideaki, Karen, Marcia, Emmanuelle, Kosuke, Ed, Tom, Jeff. Scribe: Ed or Marcia? For other time zones, see: http://tinyurl.com/49eef48_____________________________________________
FINAL REPORT DRAFT http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments Six items: 1. Executive Summary -- report section -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of issues (but not only issues), should also be made available as separate unit for print and distribute. -- must be written late 2. Benefits of LD for libraries -- report section -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of the benefits ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits of LLD for libraries [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action06] 3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, plus an annotated list of use cases, plus requirement list?) -- separate deliverable -- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by neutral editors. cf. #1 in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html ACTION: emma, TomB, and antoine to send a call for finding an owner of the UC deliverable [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action07] 4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets) (Antoine and Jeff) Antoine's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0006.html (Mar 2) 1. Section in final report characterizing representative vocabularies and datasets from the LOD cloud. Identify gaps. Emphasize that this is a snapshot. 2. Separate "LLD vocabularies and datasets" deliverable 5. Relevant technologies cf. #6 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html -- tools available - we can provide pointers to the ones available, maybe short descriptions -- see thread starting at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Mar/0017.html 6. Problems and limitations (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi) -- report section
  cf.
#4-5 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html 7. Requirements and recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers, Data modeling, Architecture, Links, General education and outreach, Curricula) -- requirements: what needs to be achieved, in general, to be extracted from the issues -- recommendations: what we (as a group) suggest as next steps (example recommendation would be the creation of a working group) -- in Cologne Guenther Neher had volunteered to write something about curricula - ask him_____________________________________________
USE CASE CLUSTERS ACTION: Uldis and Jodi to create social uses cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/12/16-lld-minutes.html#action03] ACTION: Kevin and Joachim to review content of existing clusters to see where the web service dimension could be strengthened. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/10-lld-minutes.html#action13]_____________________________________________
REQUIREMENTS -- First requirements extracted during F2F meeting: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Issues_identified_as_requirements.2C_and_recommendations_for_future_work ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short sketch for final report) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]_____________________________________________
VOCABULARIES & DATASETS - SECTION IN REPORT + APPENDIX OR SEPARATE DELIVERABLE -- Vocabularies http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30 -- DATASETS ON CKAN http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats - first page http://ckan.net/group/lld - LLD group -- Packages should use LOD cloud guidelines where applicable http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation -- Conventions for keys/predicates used in LLD should be documented at http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkedLibraryData/Datasets/CKANmetainformation ACTION: Volunteers to send login information (openid credentials) to William Waite to curate LLD group on CKAN [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action04]_____________________________________________
PROBLEMS / LIMITATIONS / ISSUES - SECTION IN REPORT Gordon's analysis http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data 1 Issues for further discussion o 1.1 Constrained versus unconstrained properties and classes o 1.2 Application profiles or OWL ontologies o 1.3 Use of published properties and classes 2 Granularity of library metadata o 2.1 Levels of granularity o 2.2 Inheritance o 2.3 Mixed granularity o 2.4 Interoperability 3 Library linked-data and legacy records o 3.1 Intellectual property right o 3.2 Technical infrastructure o 3.3 Duplication and identifiers o 3.4 Service infrastructure o 3.5 Library culture 4 Library domain as Semantic Web ACTION: everyone (on the call and off) to send email message in the next week re brainstorming on important issues [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/17-lld-minutes.html#action08] -- Working area for report section -- current owners: Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page -- Library standards and issues pages: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources ACTION: As a future topic for March 10, discuss the open questions in the second half of http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_standards_and_linked_data [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/01/27-lld-minutes.html#action03] -- Topics as a checklist, each topic having its own page http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed_____________________________________________
AOB -- Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> 
Received on Thursday, 10 March 2011 08:01:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 10 March 2011 08:01:01 GMT