Re: [ckan-discuss] CKAN for LLD

On 22 Nov 2010, at 17:36, William Waites wrote:
> ] One question was the difference between the LOD and LOD cloud
> ] groups. It looks like it's size+dereferenceability. Is that right?
>
> LOD is a bit of a catchall for just about anything that's linked and
> open. LOD Cloud requires bigger datasets that are substantially linked
> to others in the cloud in addition to being dereferencable and somehow
> obtainable in bulk.

I'd like to add that the lodcloud group is subject to a certain amount
of metadata quality assurance. Anja Jentzsch and me check the accuracy
and completeness of the packages before adding them to lodcloud. So
you can think of the lodcloud group as a QA stamp. As Will said, we
want to automate this check as far as possible, but still have some
way to go.

Best,
Richard