Embedded XForms

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 16:36:05 +0200
To: public-xformsusers@w3.org
Hi gang,

This is a sort of day-dream email.

Recently I have had a number of use-cases that included embedding forms
within forms (the biggest example of course being the test suite).

My current method of doing this is to use an iframe; easy to do but with a
hurdle: it is hard to communicate between the parent and child forms. The
only way, it seems to me, is via a submit to a shared resource; not ideal.

Has anyone tried such things already?

It seems to me that the most XForms-like approach would be to pre-populate
a child-form's instance in some way, and to return values using some form
of submit to the parent.

Any experience?

Steven